Wednesday 7 July 2010

C of E may appoint a Homosexual Bishop who is in a civil partnership!

Please see below a letter sent to the PM, Mr David Cameron.

Click on link to listen to interview.

http://www.ccfon.org/mediacentre.php?avid=327&avap=1

Dear Prime Minister,

Firstly let me congratulate you on your appointment as PM. Though traditionally a Labour supporter, I felt you to be a more conservative voice to the increasing liberal shouting of our day.

Which leads me to my reason for writing to you regarding the apparent selection of C of E bishop Dr John Jeffrey.

As I am sure you appreciate Britain is a historically Christian country and the majority of British (& global) citizens believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, as defined in law.

Choosing a homosexual bishop who is in a civil partnership, I believe will be hugely damaging and add to the moral confusion of a 'broken Britain' you pledged to repair. Surely repairing Britain, requires returning to Christian morals and teachings?

Forcing the equalities agenda onto a church whose members overwhelmingly subscribe to orthodox Christian morality is placing political agenda above religious conscience?

I urge you to decline this appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment